- At SI, Bryan Armen Graham’s piece on Stephon Marbury. And pictures of Marbury and his Chinese team. Aaaand older, rarer pictures of him.
- Fran Blinebury on Yao Ming, back at the Toyota Center in Houston.
- Holly MacKenzie on Brandon Roy, back at the Rose Garden in Portland.
- LeBron James and Miles Davis.
- Also at Hardwood Paroxysm, Danny Chau gets all Tyrekey.
- Shoals on Gilbert Arenas going to Memphis.
- Randolph, Wisc. Is going to shut down tomorrow night. Why? STIEMSMA, that’s why.
- Mike Wise had an interesting line of questioning for Nene today.
“I don’t want to be 60 before I’m 40. I don’t want to be broken down.”
- Andrew Ungvari’s Derek Fisher retrospective.
- From a Dime feature by Martin Kessler, an endearing DeMar DeRozan anecdote from Tim Floyd:
“The day before our first practice his freshman year – this is a guy who is a top-five player in the country; I’ve never had a player do this – he came by my office and was nervous about practice the next day,” says Floyd. “He said, ‘Coach, I want you to be patient with me while we’re out here tomorrow.’ I said, ‘Why DeMar?’ He said, ‘Because I’ve never had to play man-to-man defense and don’t understand any of these drills that I saw a year ago. And it’s going to be an adjustment for me, but I’m going to listen and I’m going to try.’
- Matt Moore shows that Serge Ibaka, while an amazing shot blocker, needs to fall for fewer pump fakes.
- A sit-down with Mike Woodson, courtesy of Steve Serby.
- At Off The Dribble, Rob Mahoney on Rodney Stuckey and Brandon Knight.
- Also at the New York Times, Robert Weintraub looks at the Bobcats and their place in Charlotte.
- Zach made this.
- A nice Q&A with Tracy McGrady by SLAM’s Bonsu Thompson. Here’s an amusing exchange:
SLAM: Do you and Vince Carter chuckle at being cousins who were once two of the NBA’s most athletic players and today are on the opposite end of that status?
TM: [Laughs] I called him the other day and asked him how he felt. He said he felt good but I said, I’m watching you, and you don’t look like you feel good.
- In honor of Boris Diaw’s Charlotte buyout and possible imminent San Antonio signing: