- I love Michael Katz’s NBA Nonsense Notebook so much.
- Also at the Classical, there’s a series on four prospects you should be watching in the Final Four. An excerpt from the piece on everybody’s favorite, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist:
MKG doesn’t take the surly approach favored by other players put into the stopper’s role; there is no sense, in watching him, that it’s at all Kidd-Gilchrist Against the World, or that he’s out there to silence doubters. As with the rest of his teammates on this unusually likable juggernaut, that sour-beyond-its-years cynicism and cockiness is largely missing from Kidd-Gilchrist’s game. It’s hard to watch MKG play and not be struck by his positivity. The Cool Hand Luke smile belies just how hard he’s working, but he’s also clearly having fun.
- Today’s edition of The Microscope by Rob Mahoney features Lamar Odom and his headband and some other things.
- Two podcasts I’m going to listen to: Henry Abbott and David Thorpe talking about player improvement and Raptors Director of Sports Science Alex McKechnie talking about Jonas Valanciunas.
- Bethlehem Shoals on Andrew Bynum.
- This Derek Fisher video made me all emotional-like.
- Ethan, like Zach, says Timberwolves fans should not boo KG. I agree!
- The cure for writer’s block: The Seven Deadly Ways To Cut an NBA Story
- Jesse Blanchard is happy that the Spurs traded George Hill for Kawhi Leonard. I am, too, because Kawhi is super awesome.
- For technique junkies (is that a thing?): The Art of Screening by Mike Procopio.
- This is just really weird but I can’t stop laughing because apparently I’m a crazy person (h/t 8p9s, TBJ):