- Jay Caspian Kang on Rasheed Wallace.
- Howard Beck on where the Jeremy Lin story stands now.
- PDF: From SportVU, the leaders in field goal percentage by passer and the top two-player combinations in that stat. Pretty damn cool. This is more evidence, on top of the rise in assists per game, that Paul Pierce has really improved his passing this season. Also, RUBIO-PEK!
- Speaking of Rubio-Pek, the Wolves say other teams are being overly physical with their Ricky. They sent video to the league. And Lee Jenkins wrote a great little feature on Pekovic, who should be your favorite player already.
- LOOK AT WHO’S THIRD IN SEBASTIAN PRUITI’S ROOKIE RANKINGS!
- Grant Hill is 38 and still often plays over 30 minutes a game, guarding the best opposing wing. How? He eats like a caveman.
- A good look at Rajon Rondo, who shuns the spotlight. His sister calls him Oscar the Grouch.
- After attending Sloan, Rob Mahoney is writing about the positional revolution again.
“It’s literally one of the saddest stories in the NBA. If I could pick one player and say “you get to live the last 5 years over again-but you get to remember everything that has happened”, he’d be the one. He was literally the best one on one scorer under 6’4 in the league.”
- Tim McMahon, speaking to Jason Terry about who gets in teammates’ faces now that Tyson Chandler is gone:
“Delonte West is that guy for us, and he’s hurt right now so we try to do it collectively,” Terry said. “It’s not the character of some of our guys. It just is what it is.”
Delonte West? A newcomer with a minimum contract is the guy who gets in teammates’ faces on a team defending its title?
“He’s one of the toughest guys pound per pound in the league,” Terry said. “Now, you can look at Jason Kidd the same way, but you’ve got to piss him off first. [West] comes in fists flying and he’s ready. You don’t have to rev him up. He’s ready from the get-go.”
- So excited about the Hassan Whiteside era over here.
- You may have seen this already but whatever. Watch it again. The Got ‘Em Show from @GotEm_Coach: