- You should already love Kawhi Leonard. If you don’t, you probably will after reading this feature.
- The title of Paul Flannery’s latest is “Appreciating The Celtics While They’re Still Here.” Yeah, read it.
- Rob Mahoney on Jason Kidd’s complaints about refs.
- The chatter on Twitter today was mostly about Henry Abbott’s ESPN The Mag piece on hero ball. But you should definitely also read Eli Saslow’s piece on Rumeal Robinson from the same magazine.
- Colin McGowan on prospects, potential, projections. It’s about Tristan Thompson but you don’t have to care about Thompson for this to be worth your time.
- If this is what 80’s Night brings us, EVERY TEAM SHOULD HAVE 80’S NIGHT.
- A ~10-minute conversation between Matt Moore and Kevin Harlan. Good listen.
- You know, I love Jeremy Lin’s story, but I’m beginning to go nuts hearing about how awesome he was at Summer League in 2010. This is for a purely selfish reason: I was at Summer League 2010. I didn’t see every game, however. While I saw John Wall’s debut and I saw DeMarcus Cousins’ 10 fouls in a single game, I missed Wall going up against Lin. It drove me crazy to hear people talking about it then and know I missed out. Now? Fdfklsjfdslkfdj!
- Speaking of Lin’s story, maybe you’re sick of it by now but look at this damn quote:
D’Antoni discovered Lin’s humility the first time the 23-year-old showed up at a Knicks practice session when he joined the club from the D-League.
“This kid literally was standing around at practice asking me if he should bring his car to the East Coast, or were we going to cut him, too,” the Knicks coach said.
- So, the Heat are awesome on the break, but in the playoffs the game is going to slow down and they’re really not that great in the halfco- OH MY GOD THEY’RE THE BEST HALFCOURT TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.
- I enjoyed these leftover quotes on rookies from Raja Bell courtesy of Brian T. Smith of The Salt Lake Tribune:
“These guys came into work. They came in relatively humble. You want to see that, because we were all young guys. Contrary to a lot of kids’ belief, you’re not owed anything when you get here. That’s No. 1. No. 2, we have a good time with them. They’ve got good personalities. They’re funny guys. They can take jokes, they can give jokes. It’s all good.”
“You always want to test a rook to see what he’s made of. And at the end of the day, it is your job. Look, it’s either your family eats or my family eats sometimes. You go at a rook to see what he’s made of. If he’s going to give it to you, you take it from him. We’ve got pretty good rooks. All of them have got a scrap about ‘em and a willingness to compete.”
- Stephen Jackson’s newest music video: