- Hell of a read from the great Dave D’Alessandro on Randy Foye.
- Video: Ricky Rubio’s first coach visits Minnesota, talks to the media about him. He is not surprised at how well Rubio had adjusted to the NBA.
- Eric Koreen talks to Raptors Director of Sports Science Alex McKechnie about the soon-returning Andrea Bargnani.
- Remember this awesome longread on basketball in China? That was by Jim Yardley, who just released a book called Brave Dragons. It’s about his year spent with a Chinese team coached by Bob Weiss. Yep, that Bob Weiss. A) I am looking forward to reading this book B) Read this interview with Yardley by Alan Paul at SLAMonline.
- Zach’s latest at A Wolf Among Wolves — the title should be enough to make you click: “Kevin Love meets K-Love the Octopus.”
- With a helping hand from Brett Koremenos, Ethan explains why Ellis-McGuire-Wright-Lee-Udoh is not a functional lineup.
- Beckley joins Kevin Arnovitz and Justin Verrier on The Clippers Podcast.
- The Kamanetzky brothers speak with Nelson George, the director of “The Announcement,” the upcoming 30 for 30 doc about the day Magic Johnson told the world he had HIV.
- Colin McGowan with a good read on Tristan Thompson. He is rightly remaining cautious about making pronouncements about his future:
If this article were written in a more stream-of-consciousness style, every third sentence would be “I dunno.”
- Matt Moore studies Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks, with pictures/video/quotes/everything.
- Sebastian Pruiti looks at Joakim Noah’s offense.
- Yago Colas talks about his SXSW presentation on Cultures of Basketball.
- John Schuhmann on Evan Turner, who is now starting in Philly.
- Via Daily Thunder’s Royce Young, an awesome James Harden painting.
- Via Posting and Toasting’s Seth Rosenthal, of course Walt Frazier’s restaurant is called “Wine and Dine.”
- For some reason, the first picture here of Yao Ming golfing is fascinating.