- This video interview shows why I am such a big Stephen Jackson fan.
- Lee Jenkins did a feature on JaVale McGee and I’m going to be honest here: I haven’t read it yet. But, I mean, it’s a Jenkins feature on McGee. It has to be awesome. I can’t wait.
- From his power rankings, Britt Robson on the Kings’ rookie guards:
Jimmer Fredette was clearly a reach with the 10th pick in last year’s draft. The 6-2 guard is neither tall enough nor quick enough to create his own shot, he can’t dribble or see the court well enough to become a reliable pro point guard, and, despite energetic effort, he is a below-average defender. The Kings hold out hope that the point-guard adjustment is simply a matter of time — they still believe Jimmer can run an offense — but that’s wishful thinking. The Kings should just pretend that their other rookie point guard, current starter Isaiah Thomas, was their top pick and that Fredette was the final player taken in the second round, where Sacramento landed Thomas.
- Rick Welts talks about his decision to come out almost a year ago.
- Rob Mahoney on the Bobs. I almost wrote “Bob Mahoney on the Robs.”
- Robbie Hummel is preparing for the NBA. Hope he makes it.
- I am happy that Zac Crain wrote this about Lamar Odom.
- Colin McGowan on cities, fandom, identity, etc. Just read it.
- Appreciating Chris Wallace.
- TBJ’s Leigh Ellis talks to Clyde Frazier about fashion: