- There’s a lot to love about this Kobe Bryant Q&A from Sports Radio Interviews. I cannot overstate how much I enjoy that he started an answer with, “Alright let me give you a Black Mamba answer.” Also, there’s this, on a dinner conversation with Metta World Peace:
I said ‘Metta do you know, first of all World Peace is a hot name, it’s a dope name.’ Then he started looking at me out of the corner of his eye and was like ‘okay where are you going with this?’ I said ‘some people believe for us to achieve world peace the only way that can be achieved is through sheer will and through force of nature so sometimes you just have to go and conquer the territory and that’s when you establish world peace.’ He’s looking and he’s like ‘huh?’ I said ‘man you go out there and kick butt and then you establish order.’ He’s like ‘okay, I’ve got it.’
- You should read these Jazz quotes from Brian T. Smith and Steve Luhm. There are eight instances of the word “willie” in this piece.
- James Ham goes HAM on the insanity in Sacramento.
- SO MUCH SHUMP.
- It’s easy to say the Cavs are tanking, but Kyrie Irving participated in shootaround today and he could be back tomorrow.
- From Steve Aschburner’s John Wall feature, here’s Flip Saunders:
“What we’re going to find out over the next two years is, does he have the ability to develop a jump shot and not be strictly a full-court player, a transition player? Can he be a halfcourt point guard who can run a team? Ultimately, if you’re going to have success, it’s because you have success in the playoffs.”
- I’ll keep linking Britt Robson’s power rankings every week until someone tells me to stop.
- Get to know Luke Babbitt.
- Remember Syracuse’s Eric Devendorf? If you’re like me, you were first introduced to him through SLAM magazine. As a member of the Idaho Stampede, SLAM caught up with him.
- Ramona Shelburne with some perspective on what’s up with Andrew Bynum.
- Video: Tom Thibodeau was pissed last night.
- This is kind of mindblowing: